- This event has passed.
Get the Facts: COVID-19 Vaccine Basics for Everyone
April 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Event Recording: View recording by typing in passcode ya8^T!rj
Event Flyer: Flyer_COVID19VaccineEvent_3.31.21
American Indian/Alaska Natives have died or been hospitalized due to COVID-19 at a higher rate than Hispanic, Black, Asian, and white populations, according to CDC data. The COVID-19 vaccines are one tool to help protect yourself and your community.
Many people still have questions or concerns about the COVID-19 vaccines. This free event will help answer your questions and empower you to make an informed decision about the COVID-19 vaccines.
This event will:
- share information about the COVID-19 vaccines
- explain why these vaccines are important
- answer questions from the community.
Mary J. Owen, MD, (Tlingit) will present. Dr. Owen holds the following positions:
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- Director of the Center of American Indian and Minority Health
- Assistant Professor of the Department of Family Medicine and Biobehavioral Health
- Association of American Indian Physicians