- This event has passed.
Preschool Development Grant Virtual Listening Sessions for Wisconsin Tribal Nations
August 25 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
One event on August 26, 2020 at 11:00 am
You are invited to participate in an online Zoom discussion to help guide the work of the Preschool Development Grant. We want to gather your ideas on challenges that impact tribal families of children from birth to age 5, early care and education programs, and communities.
The Department of Children and Families is partnering with the Great Lakes Inter‐Tribal Council to seek input from:
- Tribal leaders
- Parents, grandparents, other relatives or care providers
- Early care and education program teachers and administrators
- Child care providers
- Related service organizations (home visitors, HeadStart, social workers, maternal and fetal health providers, pediatric health care providers, family support programs, teacher educators, and more)
- Business leaders and community advocates for family‐friendly policies
The Listening Sessions will consist of:
- A brief welcome
- A 20‐minute overview of the goals of the Preschool Development Grant and how it seeks to make lasting improvements to Wisconsin’s Early Care and Education systems
- A 60‐minute small‐group discussion for you and other participants to answer questions about your experiences and ideas to improve Early Care and Education and support tribal families
- A brief closing for participants to ask questions and report what they learned or want to share
The two sessions will be identical‐‐please choose the one that best fits your schedule. If you are unable to attend either session but would like to contribute, please contact us at the email addresses below.