Senior Companion Program (SCP)
Elder outreach: During the COVID 19 stay safe at home order issued by Governor Evers, program staff have been reaching out to elders via a variety of ways:
- biweekly volunteer check in phone calls to see how they are doing, making referrals to resources they may need such as food, shelter, mental health or other elder programs. We also provide program updates.
- requesting from our federal funders and being approved for a ‘temporary allowance’ payment to active volunteers to support any economic hardships during the stay safe at home order
- preparing and distributing to elder meal sites care packages that promote physical activities and provide information on community resources, like food, shelter, medical/mental health support
- distribution of volunteer in-service materials for stay home activities including physical exercises to do at home, reading and homework assignments, pen pal letters with other volunteers
- develop and distribute a volunteer newsletter to keep volunteers up to date on program activities
- develop and distribute to tribal newsletter information about the SCP program