Cost Principles for Federal Grants
August 24 @ 9:00 am - August 25 @ 1:00 pm
GLITEC is offering a Grants Management Cost Principles course free of charge to Tribes and Urban Organizations in the Great Lakes region. The course will be virtual and held over two half days. The same course will be offered twice. There are two date options:
- August 3 and 4, 2022, 9 am to 1 pm on each day
- August 24 and 25, 2022, 9 am to 1 pm on each day
Successful grants managers understand how the Federal cost principles affect their awards. Gain a firm grounding and practical experience in the concepts central to cost principles by applying them to different recipient types. Use the cost principles throughout the grant’s lifecycle: budget development and review, spending decisions, and site visits and desk reviews or audits. This is a core course in all tracks of the GMCPTM.
Anyone involved in grant-related financial actions will benefit from this course. Participants who completed this course prior to implementation of 2 CFR 200 would benefit from retaking this course to understand the changes.
Course Learning Objectives
- Describe cost principles and how they currently apply
- Explain using the cost principles to answer allowability questions
- Practice applying the cost principles to example, on-the-job scenarios