Eligibility and Service Area
Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
To qualify for WIC, you must:
- Live in Wisconsin
- Meet the income guidelines
- Have a health or nutrition need. A nutrition assessment will be completed at the WIC clinic. And,
- Be in any of the categories below:
o Breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
o Had a baby, or was pregnant in the past six months
o Baby under age 1
o Child younger than age 5
Not sure if you qualify?
- You may qualify if anyone in your family is receiving FoodShare, Medicaid, BadgerCare Plus, Wisconsin Works Program (W2), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
- Foster children and Kinship Care recipients under age 5, and foster teens who are pregnant are eligible for WIC.
- See if you are potentially eligible for WIC using this prescreen tool from USDA. This is not an application.
- To apply for WIC benefits, you must contact your local WIC office.